- The volume of your phone or Tablet my not be loud enough . Why not use a set of headphones and just use one ‘ear’.
Having said this you will find that you WILL hear the part you are practising if you play a wrong note….your mistake will be highlighted and stand out from the correct recorded performance.
- It’s not only wrong notes that will stand out but also your tuning, your intonation.
If you play out of tune you will notice it, so do your best to adjust.
- A good way of practising in these cases is to practise slowly…even though you may be able to play the notes easily. Slower practice will allow you time to adjust your tuning and also strengths you embouchure muscles.
- Breathing properly effects your tuning and sound. It’s worth viewing this 8 minute video explanation of ‘how to breathe’ as a trumpet player. It’s by the great Australian player James Morrison.
- have fun with practise and see links to our current trumpet apps as below:
Links to Trumpet/ Cornet Apps Apps:
- Arban No. 1;iPad; iPhone; Android Tablet…
- Arban Triple Tonguing; iPad; iPhone
- n https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arban-triple-tonguing-exercises-1-4/id1021099892?ls=1&mt=8
- Arban Double Tonguing; iPad;
- Arban Slurs; iPad
- Arban Single Tonguing; iPad
- Carnival of Venice; iPad
- Solo from So What; Desktop; iPad
- Jazz Level 1; Desktop; iPad
- Arban No. 10; iPad