Teachers..….A whole class can be taught in front of an Interactive Whiteboard in the Classroom.
Smaller groups or individuals can practise in front of a single computer at their own pace.
Individual pupils can buy the App to use on their Smartphones…and practise at home…
Parents: Really useful tablet activity.
Start on the Recorder, learn to read music in preparation for learning other instruments.
What a start!
Anyone who wants to learn to read music …whatever age
Buy or find a recorder or just clap or hit something to grasp how to read rhythm….
The first tune B Happy introduces one note and has, like all the other tunes, an exciting accompaniment.
Here’s is B Happy at the slowest speed …with a reminder of the note names…which can be switched off as soon as you feel they will remember the note name.
Tempi from 60 to 120 beats per minute can be chosen.
Level 1 includes 10 tunes. New notes are introduced in tunes that follow.
Each note has a clear fingering diagram.
‘Pupils will learn and improve more quickly because they’ll want to practise more.’
- Each tune can be practised with or without a full accompaniment.
- The sound of the Recorder can be heard which helps with keeping in tune and playing the correct rhythm.
- A Real Time Beat Counter appears above the music notation to act as a conductor and helps with the timing of each note
- Each tune can be practised at slower speeds.
- Start and End bars can be chosen so that each tune can be practised bar by bar, section by section.
- The speed of practise can be increased until the whole piece can be played perfectly.
This is a video of Alis on her second lesson reading from an iPad placed on her music stand. the smile when she finishes shows she is enjoying what she has achieved in just two lessons.
She’s gone through all 14 bars of B Happy and from 60 to 80 beats per minute…and remembers what the note B looks like in the various ways it can be written to tell her how long to play each one.
The next step for her is to practise getting to up to the suggested performance tempo of 120 bpm…..and in the next lesson she will also move on to start the next tune.
Available Online for Whiteboard whole class teaching, or on Android and on iTunes, see on the tablet apps tab: